Skill Development Funding
The NSDC provides skill development funding either as loans or equity, and supports financial incentives to select private sector initiatives to improve financial viability through tax breaks etc. NSDC’s financing initiatives provide funding through:
- The NSDC will adopt a phased and detailed due-diligence process to select proposals for funding to provide funds for vocational training
- Detailed evaluation will be done across six sets of criteria:
- Employer view of demand for the specific skills
- Alignment with the NSDC's mission
- Robustness of overall plan and operating model
- Ability to leverage partnerships
- Ability to leverage financial requirements
- Ability to leverage management capability
- The NSDC will consider supporting a pilot and then scale up for proposals from organizations with no prior experience in this area
- On the financials, the NSDC will be more flexible upfront in terms of percentage of total project funded by it, channels of funding i.e. grant or loan/equity and cost per student, and ensure agreements are structured to ensure these parameters become stringent over time.
- Further, the NSDC will fund various stages of the project clearly linked to attainment of mutually agreed outcomes/milestones.
To know more about funding and submitting proposals, read our Funding FAQs here.
To know more about our funding guidelines, click on Funding Guidelines here
To know more about our Standard Pre-disbursement conditions, click on Standard Pre-disbursement conditions here