National Portal for Trainers and Assessors is an initiative by NSDC under Skill Indian Mission. The portal is a dedicated platform towards management of trainers and assessors life-cycle. The portal would function as the central repository of information concerning development of quality Trainers and Assessors in the Indian skill eco-system. The portal would address smooth implementation of training of trainers and assessors programme. at the same time ensure transparency for the involved stakeholders. The portal shall provide varied information about training programs planned by Sector Skill Councils for trainers and assessors, through the training calendar. It would also have features to search trainers and assessors being trained by SSCs across states, sectors and job roles.
Following are the benefits of the portal -
- Single window access to the information related to trainers’ and assessors’ training calendar, certification process, competency enhancement and learning resources
- Provide transparency in the training program for trainers and assessors in the skill eco-system
- To offer structured training programs for Trainers and Assessors
- Enhancing efficiency for the involved stakeholders
About Training of Trainers Program
The government of India has a target of skilling 400 million people by 2022. National Policy of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015 envisaged the need to meet the goal and laid impetus on quality assurance in skilling. One of the critical quality control factors is the supply of quality trainers and assessors. A structured and detailed Training program for Trainers and Assessors becomes essential to address the requirement of adequately trained trainers and assessors in the skill eco-system. National Skill Development Corporation endeavors to structure Training program for Trainers and Assessors across sector through guidelines. The guidelines on training of trainers and assessors have been developed in a consultative manner which aims to provide a robust model for creating quality trainers and assessors required in Skill India Mission.
Training of Trainers (ToT) and Training of Assessors (ToA) programs are implemented by Sector Skill Councils, which essentially focus on the following parts:
- Domain Skills - Orientation and alignment of trainers and assessors as per the requirements of National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) on the respective domain skills.
- Training Delivery Skills - Development of training delivery skills and assessment criteria for trainers and assessors respectively engaged in skill training of various job roles
Key Highlights of Training program for Trainers and Assessors
- Defined entry level requirements for trainers/assessors.
- Standardized training/assessing experience requirements
- Standardized content for training programs
- Orientation and certification of trainers and assessors on domain standards
- Outcome based approach for training and assessment
- Process guidance on conducting ToT and ToA program
The official guidelines on Training of Master Trainer, Trainer and Assessor have been developed with inputs from various stakeholders including Sector Skill Councils, NSDC and Training providers.
For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org