Takshashila, the National Portal for Trainers and Assessors, is an initiative by NSDC under the Skill India Mission. The portal serves as a dedicated online platform for the management of Trainers and Assessors of the Indian Short-Term Skill ecosystem, functioning as the central repository of information concerning development of quality Trainers and Assessors. It aims to smoothly implement the programme for Training of Trainers and Assessors, ensuring transparency to all the involved stakeholders. The portal provides information about TOT-TOA programs planned by Sector Skill Councils through a public training calendar. It also provides a list of certified trainers and assessors who have been certified by Sector Skill Councils across states, sectors and job roles.
Some key features of the portal are -
- Single window access to information related to trainers’ and assessors’ training calendar, certification process, competency enhancement and learning resources
- Offers transparent and structured training programs for Trainers and Assessors
- Enhances efficiency for the involved stakeholders
- Demand aggregation of TOT-TOA requirements through Training Requests
About Training of Trainers Program
The Government of India has a target of skilling 400 million people by 2022. The National Policy of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015 envisaged the need to meet the goal and laid impetus on quality assurance in skilling. One of the critical quality control factors is the supply of quality trainers and assessors. A structured and detailed Training program for Trainers and Assessors becomes essential to address the requirement of adequately trained trainers and assessors in the skill eco-system. National Skill Development Corporation endeavors to structure Training programs for Trainers and Assessors across sectors through the Guidelines for Training of Trainers and Assessors. These Guidelines have been developed in a consultative manner, with inputs from various stakeholders like Sector Skill Councils, NSDC and Training Providers; establishing a robust model for creating quality trainers and assessors required under the ‘Skill India Mission’.
Training of Trainers (ToT) and Training of Assessors (ToA) programs are implemented by Sector Skill Councils, with a focus on the following:
- Domain Skills - Orientation and alignment of trainers and assessors as per the requirements of National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) on the respective job role.
- Training Delivery / Assessment Skills - Development of training delivery skills and assessment criteria for trainers and assessors respectively, engaged in skill training and assessments of various job roles.
Key Highlights of Training program for Trainers and Assessors
- Defined entry level requirements for trainers/assessors.
- Standardized training/assessing experience requirements
- Standardized content for training programs
- Orientation and certification of trainers and assessors on domain standards
- Outcome based approach for training and assessment
- Process guidance on conducting ToT and ToA program
For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org