Training and development of Master Trainers is an instrument to meet the twin challenges of continuous improvement and demands of change. There is an ever-emerging challenge of capacity-building of trainers. Thus, it is necessary to recognize the crucial role of the Master Trainer from being a provider to enabler, facilitator and change-agent where learner is in the focus.
Recognizing the need for training and development of Master Trainers existing in the skill eco-system, National Skill Development Corporation in collaboration with Management Sector Skill Council (MEPSC) has come up with a special training program for Master Trainers on enhancing training delivery skills.
Training of Master Trainers programme is designed to provide opportunities to Master Trainers for the development skills to facilitate, create and manage a learner based environment. Training of Master Trainers to provide advanced facilitation skills towards the end to end training as per the qualification pack for ‘Lead Trainer’.
The training program aims to achieve following learning outcomes:
- Develop and enhance own training, facilitation and learning practices
- Prepare to facilitate learning sessions and help reflect and improve practice through appropriate evaluation
- Facilitate learning sessions using appropriate training methods, learning enabling techniques and use of ICT
Through these training programs, a cadre of Certified Master Trainers (domain & training delivery skills) shall be developed to cater to the skilling ecosystem.
Domain Experts interested in having more information and undergoing the program may Register Here.
Features of the training program
- An opportunity for eligible domain experts (eligibility criteria as defined by SSCs) to undertake advanced training delivery skills by industry veterans and highly qualified professionals, leading to certification of Master Trainers.
- Certified Training delivery skills expands scope of engagement for certified Master Trainers on respective domain areas.
- Each participant shall be closely observed on daily basis along with formative assessment. At the end of the program, each participant shall be provided with inputs on Areas of Excellence and Areas of improvement.
- Participants shall be assessed on a formative assessment conducted by a selected Super Trainer with assessment criteria of minimum 90%.
- On successful assessment, participants shall be certified through a joint certificate by Management SSC and NSDC. Thereby becoming eligible to conduct ToT batches for other trainers in the area of expertise.
Pilot batch – 7th to 9th September 2017
NSDC and Management Sector Skill Council scheduled the first pilot batch of a 3-day long training program from 7th to 9th September 2017, at New Delhi. Various SSC nominated Master Trainers under the ‘Training of Master Trainers’ program (ToMT).
Master Trainers participated
- 20 Years
Industry work experience of Master Trainers
- 10 years
Training experience of Master Trainers
- Detailed report on the first batch
- Profiles of the participants of the Pilot batch
- Assessment on Lead Trainer QP for Training Delivery Skills